Today, I participated in the 2016 Ivey Sustainability Conference. This one-day event was organized by Diane-Laure Arjalies, Oana Branzei, and Tima Bansal (all from Ivey Business School). Other invited faculty included Fabrizio Ferraro (IESE Business School) and Donal Crilly (London Business School). The day concluded with a plenary session: “The Future of Research on Sustainability in Management.” Donal, Fabrizio, and I were each asked to submit a picture that captured our answers to five questions:
- What do you think is the current position of sustainability in the management research landscape?
- What do you believe are the current trends in research on sustainability?
- Which areas/methods/topics do you think will be topical in the coming decade?
- What would you personally like to see in 10 years?
- Where do you see yourself as an academic in 15 years?
Below are the slides I prepared.