Dates Active: 2013 to present
- Matthew G. Grimes, Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- Ke Cao, Ph.D. student, University of Alberta, Alberta School of Business, Department of Strategic Management & Organization
- 2017 Nova Faculty Fellowship from the University of Alberta School of Business
- 2016 Batten Fellowship from the University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- 2015 Peoples Choice Award from the Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability
- 2015 Past Presidents Best Paper Award Nominee from the Western Academy of Management
- Grimes, M.G., Gehman, J. & Cao, K. Positively Deviant: Identity Work through B Corp Certification. Journal of Business Venturing. Accepted.
- Gehman, J. & Grimes, M.G. Hidden Badge of Honor: How Contextual Distinctiveness Affects Category Promotion Among Certified B Corporations. Academy of Management Journal. In press. doi:10.5465/amj.2015.0416.
- Cao, K., Gehman, J. & Grimes, M.G. Standing Out and Fitting In: Charting the Emergence of Certified B Corporations by Industry and Region. In A.C. Corbett & J.A. Katz (eds), Advances in Entrepreneurship, Firm Emergence and Growth: Hybrid Ventures. Accepted.
- Joel Gehman, Ke Cao. B Academics: Status of Research on B Corps and Benefit Corporations. Global B Corp Academic Community Roundtable. University of Toronto, Canada. October 4, 2017.
- Matthew G. Grimes, Joel Gehman, Ke Cao. Positively Deviant: Identity Work through B Corp Certification. Global B Corp Academic Community Roundtable. University of Toronto, Canada. October 4, 2017.
My research on Certified B Corporations has been supported by a variety of grants, fellowships, and awards from the Alberta School of Business (2013-2014; 2014-2015; 2017-2018), University of Virginia Darden School of Business (2016-2017); University of Alberta (2013-2014; 2014-2015; 2015-2016), Duke University (2015-2016), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (2014-2016), and Canadian Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility (2013-2014).
Related Projects: CULTR