Dates Active: 2013 to present
- Matthew G. Grimes, Assistant Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business
- Ke Cao, Ph.D. student, University of Alberta, Alberta School of Business, Department of Strategic Management & Organization
- Gehman, J., Grimes, M.G. & Cao, K. Why We Care About Certified B Corporations: From Valuing Growth to Certifying Values. Accepted at Academy of Management Discoveries.
- Grimes, M.G., Gehman, J. & Cao, K. 2018. Positively Deviant: Identity Work through B Corporation Certification. Journal of Business Venturing. 33: 130-148. doi:10.1016/j.jbusvent.2017.12.001.
- Gehman, J. & Grimes, M.G. 2017. Hidden Badge of Honor: How Contextual Distinctiveness Affects Category Promotion Among Certified B Corporations. Academy of Management Journal. 60: 2294-2320. doi:10.5465/amj.2015.0416.
- Cao, K., Gehman, J. & Grimes, M.G. 2017. Standing Out and Fitting In: Charting the Emergence of Certified B Corporations by Industry and Region. In A.C. Corbett & J.A. Katz (Eds.), Advances in Entrepreneurship, Firm Emergence and Growth: Hybrid Ventures. 19: 1-38.
- Joel Gehman, Ke Cao. B Academics: Status of Research on B Corps and Benefit Corporations. Global B Corp Academic Community Roundtable. University of Toronto, Canada. October 4, 2017.
- Matthew G. Grimes, Joel Gehman, Ke Cao. Positively Deviant: Identity Work through B Corp Certification. Global B Corp Academic Community Roundtable. University of Toronto, Canada. October 4, 2017.
- 2017 Responsible Research in Management Award co-sponsored by the Community for Responsible Research in Business and Management and the International Association for Chinese Management Research
- 2017 Nova Faculty Fellowship from the University of Alberta School of Business
- 2016 Batten Fellowship from the University of Virginia Darden School of Business
- 2015 People’s Choice Award from the Alliance for Research on Corporate Sustainability
- 2015 Past President’s Best Paper Award Finalist from the Western Academy of Management
My research on Certified B Corporations has been supported by a variety of grants, fellowships, and awards from the Alberta School of Business, Canadian Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility, Duke University, Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada, University of Alberta, and University of Virginia Darden School of Business.
Related Projects: CULTR